Wednesday 23 April 2014

Book Review: Running Like a Girl

I wasn't sure I would ever be one to write book reviews but here I am so that must mean I have found a really impressive book to share with you all. So here goes:

If you would of told me in February that I would be training to run 5k and reading non stop about running I would have laughed at you however two months later here I am. My lovely Mother recently bought me a book called 'Running Like a Girl' by Alexandra Heminsley. It is one of the most inspirational books I have ever read and even if you don't want to run it's just a genuine feel good book. Within the first evening of receiving this book I was already half way through it and had it not of been 10pm in the evening I probably would of gone for a run!

Alexandra is a journalist, author, runner and one of the most inspiring women I have read about to date. She tells people about the highs and the lows of running from tears of pain to buying your first proper sports bra. I feel like I have learnt a lot about running through her and she has inspired me to get through my first race and to carry on doing more and challenging myself as much as I can.

This book is one of the most inspiring, feel good books I have ever read and I would recommend it to anyone!


You can buy the book on Amazon by clicking here


No comments:

Post a Comment